<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 18, 2004

STAGES 

Post titles. Fun. Why not put "ramblings", Jeremy? Because "ramblings" sounds boring to me right now. "Stages" sounds better to me for two reasons:
 
---It's Tour de France time
---I'm wearing the hell out of my Boston "Third Stage" CD in my CD player
 
(HOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!)
 
---The ESPY's are worthless. Of course, it's very hard to top the original edition of the ESPY's, which was in 1993. You're simply not human if you didn't get chills listening to Jim Valvano's speech.
 
"Don't give up, don't ever give up"
 
---Willie Beamen or Paul Blake?
 
---It's way too f***ing early to be discussing the 1990s. VH1 couldn't stand to wait another 5 years to produce the "I Love The 90s" series. The 1990s just ended 5 minutes ago, dammit!
 
---Stuart Scott and Linda Cohn hosting the Sunday edition of "SportsCenter".
 
At this point, just play Ja Rule/Ashanti's "Mesmerize" and then I can say I'm in hell.
 
---I didn't have much hope for the new ESPN game show "Stump The Schwab" going in. And I'm glad I didn't. Mr. Tar Heel himself Stuart Scott is the host.
 
You mean to tell me that Kenny Mayne is so busy where he couldn't host that show?
 
---In related news, I WANT "2 MINUTE DRILL" BACK ON THE DAMN AIR!
 
---Shaq > Kobe
 
---The Los Angeles Lakers are the 7th best team in the Western Conference right now. Who's better than the Kobes (because after all, Kobe is running the show)?
 
Minnesota. San Antonio. Sacramento. Dallas. Houston. Denver.
 
Any questions?
 
---Can you say "Los Angeles Lakers at Miami Heat" Christmas Day on ABC?
 
---I like Rudy T, but you know damn well that Kobe will get him fired soon enough. The current, up-to-the-minute Lakers remind me of the Nick Van Exel Lakers, minus the playoff upset of the Sonics in 1995. The Lakers will be done in the 1st round in 2004-2005. I have no problem calling this.
 
---Shaq will dominate in the East. After all, he's in a division that features Atlanta, Charlotte, Orlando, and Washington.
 
---Enough of the Shaq/Kobe/Laker talk.
 
---Wow, Mike Hall makes his SportsCenter debut this week...alongside Linda Cohn.
 
Egads.
 
---Cotton needs new shorts!
 
---Stay classy, Sports and Bremertonians readers.
 
--- --- --- --- ---
 
Yes, "Dodgeball" and "Anchorman" are still fresh in my mind.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page