<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 17, 2004

PEEVE 

OK, this is just ridiculous.
 
The man who caught Justin Leone's 3-run home run last night wore a Dave Henderson jersey. Cool. But notice that it is a CURRENT Mariner jersey with Hendu's name on it. Hendu played with the Mariners in the early 1980s, but that doesn't mean that you can put his name on a current Mariner jersey. It's like putting Wayne Gretzky's name on a recent Oilers jersey. IT DOESN'T WORK!
 
This isn't the first time that I've seen this happen. I went to a game two years ago where this guy was wearing a current Philadelphia Phillies jersey with Mike Schmidt's name on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Schmidt only played in the dark maroon Phils unis. Don't correct me, because I'm right.
 
Future dishonors?
 
---Tony Gwynn on the awful Padres road jerseys
---Nolan Ryan on the current Astros jerseys
---Joe Carter on the dreadful Blue Jays jerseys
 
Basically, what I'm trying to say is that you should not spend 150 bucks to put a past player's name on a current jersey. If you want to put Dave Henderson's name on a Mariner jersey, just go buy the early 1980s' Mariners jersey. I'm sure the Mariners Team Store has it.
 
As for me, I don't own any personalized jerseys. I'm 22 but I'm already at the point where I just feel too old to wear a personalized jersey. I'll wear an authentic jersey without a name on the back or a replica jersey, no problem.
 
God forbid if some assclown puts Rey Quinones' name on a current Mariner jersey...

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page