<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 03, 2004

SPARKS 

The retractable roof is the most underrated invention of our time.

If I were commissioner of baseball, I'd put a retractable roof on every ballpark. I'm sick and f***ing tired of rain delays. Of course, there isn't enough money to pull this off. But for "the good of the game", it would be worth it.

The St. Louis Cardinals are a damn good ballclub. 2003 was an abberation, folks. The Cards will be back in the playoffs this season. They have the offense. Their starting pitching has been a pleasant surprise so far. And they have a good bullpen. Before this season, it was the Cubs and Astros being talked about in the Central. But the Cardinals had a very productive offseason. They added Reggie Sanders and Jason Marquis, who have been solid so far.

I still think the Cardinals could use another starter. But I think that they can hold off the Cubs and Astros in the second half. Notice I didn't mention the Brewers and Reds.

The Cardinals are Arkansas' team. Every game is televised here. Generations young and old wear their Redbirds aparrel with pride. Some fans still talk about Game 6 of the 1985 World Series. Bucky Bleeping Dent can't hang with Don Bleeping Denkinger in these parts.

Anyways, the Cardinals are a fun team to watch. I've said here before that I get the opportunity to watch at least 7 teams on a daily basis. The Cards are one of those teams. It's pretty cool to see Albert Pujols and Scott Rolen play everyday, that's for sure.

While I'm a diehard Mariner fan, I'm also a baseball fan. I can appreciate how good Pujols and Rolen are. I hope to see them play in Busch next season. By the way, 2005 is the final season for Busch Stadium, since the Cardinals will be moving into their new ballpark in 2006. Judging by what I've seen, it's going to be a great place.

Happy Fourth of July and be safe out there. I don't want to lose any loyal readers.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page