<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 03, 2004

BEND OVER 

Hey, y'all. I have today and tomorrow off before having to start the second half of field camp, where the best thing about it is the cook.

I'm not completely in the dark about sports because for some reason I can pick up CFAC 960AM Calgary late at night, which carries ESPN Radio.

With that, I'll launch into some tiny tidbits for what's in the noggin right now.

-- Bleachers Sports Bar and Grill is part of Lava Lanes on the south side of Pilot Butte. Mike is the bartender for nights, and he's a fairly knowledgeable sports dude. Good guy. If you're in Bend, stop by the place. For you pony-pickers out there, there's what basically amounts to an OTB wall, with seven screens showing horse and greyhound races from far corners of the planet. Also, there apparently will be five big screens in the place for the upcoming NFL season, and yes, they do have Sunday Ticket.

-- While at Bleachers last night, I watched the 10p and 11p SportsCenters, which were basically the same exact thing (verbatim, even).

Okay, I guess that's my unadulterated Bleachers plug. Here's my real tidbits...

-- How many times do I have to see Derek Jeter crashing into that seat?

-- the first word that popped into my mind after hearing about Miguel Olivo's kidney stone: Sirotka'd.

-- Dammit, I'm under a minute left for my internet time. I'll post again in a week, y'all!

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page