<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 30, 2004

JELLIER REMAINS 

One in-Blogger search for "Glazer" told me that I've quoted Jay Glazer exactly once here at Sports and B's.

Sadly, Jay Glazer has written his farewell column at CBS SportsLine, his sendoff before leaving for Fox Sports Net, Fox Sports Radio, and Fox NFL Sunday. There some good tidbits in the column like the time his advice was sought when Max Weinberg needed to be shot full of painkillers before a Springsteen show, being bored on draft day, adverse reactions to his scoops, talking to Dan Marino's post-autistic son, and more.

It's too bad I haven't weaned myself off of totally hating FoxSports.com. I've just visited the site to make sure I still hate it, and I do. I guess if I get turned off badly enough by a layout, I never go back, and that was the case with FoxSports.com. At one time, I'd never thought I'd hate a layout more than ESPN.com (I still hate ESPN's layout...clutter), and then I visited FoxSports.com for the first time. Granted, it's a little better, and they have SportsLine-like mouse-over sport menus, but there's something really inconcise-feeling about their layout. I'm sure everyone's picked up that I'm a hopeless SportsLine addict, but I always found their layout really easy to move around with. They've had the mouse-over sport menus for as long as I can remember (~1999 or so) and when they added the multi-sport single-click scoreboard feature on the left sidebar, that just added icing to the cake.

Good gracious, I'm talking about layouts.

Stop, David. Stop.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page