<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

BIG BATS ARE OVERRATED 

Garret Anderson is better than Raul Ibanez. I'd take Garret in a heartbeat, regardless of what his new contract is. Give the Angels credit, they are trying to keep their core together. Would have been nice to keep Ken Griffey, Jr., Randy Johnson, and Alex Rodriguez together, but that's a story for another time.

But anyways...

WHAT THE HELL IS VLADIMIR GUERRERO DOING IN ANAHEIM???

If I'm still bitter, that's because I am. He should be patrolling right field for the Mariners, not the Angels. Vlad is going to kill Mariners pitching all season long, I can just feel it.

But he's an Angel. Playing for an owner that cares about winning, not profits.

I'm a Mariners fan, but I couldn't help but just be in awe of Vlad's 2 homers off of Joel Pineiro this season. I'm still in amazement over last Wednesday's majestic shot in Safeco Field which landed in the bullpen market. Unreal.

About that owner...

Arte Moreno just wants to win. And dammit, he even shows the fans that he's human. He's investing in his ballclub. It may work, it may not work. But he's doing his damndest to make sure that his Angels franchise will be one of the best in all of baseball. I admire the guy for that.

I'm in agreeance with Jon Wells at the Grand Salami. The M's should send Rafael Soriano down to Tacoma. Give him an opportunity to get some work in without hurting the big club. But it's almost a lock that the M's will send Julio Mateo down to Tacoma when Scott Spiezio is activated from the DL. Don't ask me why I think this. It may be because this front office isn't too bright, I don't know.

Dan Wilson has no business starting everyday behind the plate. Let's face it, he's done. He can't throw out runners to save his life. He can't hit, which has always been the case. AND HE CAN'T RUN! He may be a nice guy, but I don't give a damn. Unfortunately, Ben Davis doesn't really have any business starting everyday either...

Well, they could always bring up Pat Borders. Might as well, because I think this is just going to be a long season. I'm not pushing the panic button yet, but I'm close. This is the AMERICAN LEAGUE WEST, where you cannot afford to fall too far back behind Anaheim and Oakland. It's clear that those two teams are much better than Seattle.

Since I'm in Arkansas, I can't watch KING-5, but man, Paul Silvi is clutch once again. Unlike Dave Hansen, supposedly the greatest pinch hitter in our lifetime. At least that's what a few M's fans think anyways...

Willie Bloomquist is horrible. Do I need to go on?

Alright, time to get ready for class. The M's are 1-6. Yikes.

But at least the sun is shining here. And damn, it will be around 70 degrees today here. I can't complain about that.

Well, I won't complain until the massive blast of humidity hits...

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page