<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 12, 2004

COLD HITS 

What a day in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.

It's 49 degrees right now. This isn't a joke folks, it really is cold here in Arkansas on April 12.

This is spring weather that I'm accustomed to up in the Northwest, but I certainly never expected it to come down south. The only thing that's missing from the scene here is me being at Safeco Field freezing my ass off watching Dan Wilson ground out to the pitcher with runners in scoring position.

Anyways...

---William Hung is a video star. I kid you not. I was watching Fuse's "Oven Fresh" about an hour ago and the "She Bangs" video was on. You know, maybe I should try to go on "American Idol" and just belt out a few high notes and maybe I can become a hack star. Hell, being a hack is much better than actually being in the final group of "American Idol".

Justin Guarini, please pick up the courtesy phone. Or just turn on Fuse, where you can see America's favorite hack on a daily basis.

---I'm not a golf fan, but I have to say, the green jacket for the Masters champion is pretty cool. Shame on "Cold Pizza" for slamming the green jacket, that it is "tacky". Give me a break. It's a tradition unlike any other, dammit.

Couldn't they just give Thea Andrews her own exercise show? Put it on at 6 a.m. and I guarandamntee you I'll wake up for that.

---The Mariners are 1-5. Hooray for progress, sort of.

---Note to self: I'm going to attend a Stanley Cup Playoff game in Canada one of these years. It's that simple. I'm an American, but dammit, I was getting chills hearing the Canadian national anthem in Calgary last night. Of course, I would have liked to have seen the Vancouver version of "O Canada", but we all know how that has turned out.

For all that is holy, please keep the Canadian teams intact. The Toronto-Ottawa and Vancouver-Calgary series are turning out to be two very good series. Let's not forget about Montreal either.

Hockey is Canada's game, not America's game. Don't let those ESPN hockey promos fool you.

---In related news, the ESPN/ESPN 2/ABC hockey coverage is a joke.

You mean to tell me that the family of networks couldn't have hired broadcasters from non-playoff teams? Dwayne Roloson doing color on the Canucks-Flames game was a joke. The no-name guy with him was a bigger joke. I mean, come on, there is a guy named Bob Miller who's in Los Angeles currently sitting on his ass doing nothing. He's one of the best broadcasters not only in hockey, but in all of sports. BTW, for you casual folks, he was the play by play man for the games in the second Mighty Ducks movie. Or how about Mike Lange, who is the Penguins' play by play man? The possibilities are endless.

---Yes, we love hockey here at Sports and Bremertonians. It's great. IT'S GRRREAT! (cue the Sum 41 "Still Waiting" video)

---The Sums?

---If Comedy Central was smart (and for the most part, they are), they would go ahead and release the "Chappelle's Show" second season DVD this summer. It's obvious that the first season DVD has exceeded expectations and more, so capitalize on the momentum.

Yes, I'm a selfish SOB at times. I want the second season DVD ASAP!

---I'm not Rick James, bitch.

---And no, Wayne Brady isn't going to choke a bitch either. Well, not tonight anyways.

---BREAKING NEWS INTO SPORTS AND BREMERTONIANS

Rebecca Romijn is single again.

John Stamos, pick up the phone. It's Dave Coulier on the other line.

But Uncle Jesse, at least you have still have 10-10-987 by your side.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page