<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

MY NICKNAME FOR VILLONE? 

Suckass

David has posted all the Seattle-area paper links, so I'll just lay out my thoughts here...

Ron Villone sucks. He really, really sucks.

At this rate, when will Marc Newfield come back? I've said it before here at Sports and B's, he would probably be the best bat the M's would have on the bench.

I'm still seriously vexed as to how Suckass commanded $1 million. Yes, it's not guaranteed. But that's not the point. Under no circumstances do you even think about paying a player of Villone's calliber ONE MILLION DOLLARS. But hey, if you're over 30 and you were a former Mariner or love Seattle, come to Seattle and we'll pay you some good money, even though you probably suck!

Which brings me to Raul Mondesi...

IT FRICKING FIGURES THAT THE M'S WOULD NOW BE INTERESTED IN MONDESI.

A couple of years ago, I wouldn't have minded Mondesi. But in 2004? Absolutely not. The guy is done. But like David said, Bill Bavasi will give him a 3 year, $16 M deal. I'm already prepared for this...I was prepared for the Villone deal, somewhat.

Again, the Mariners end their Scott Boras Ban by signing Suckass Ron Villone????? There is no explanation for this, so I don't need Finnigan's cousin or Beene's ex-girlfriend to come calling and tell me why Villone is a good pickup.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page