<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 08, 2004

MIRACLE WHIP 

Man, what an excruciatingly slow sports day. The Sonics got to within 84-82 in Portland before getting boatraced 95-85 (yes, that's the TrailBlazers finishing on an 11-3 run). The NHL All-Star Game was half-decent for one period before the goaltending inevitably went to hell.

So what am I left with to talk about? Not much. Even the baseball wire is showing snake eyes.

I've still got Miracle fresh on my mind, though, so I guess it'll be that. Not my piece on it, or anything, but those of two others.

John McGrath has his Chicago memories as a younger dude in 1980, and even throws in a memory of the organ at Chicago Stadium. My memory of Chicago Stadium: the buzzer that sounded like an airhorn.

Bill Simmons has his 1980 memory. Needless to say, the movie won't be able to fully replicate the real-life thing (especially for anyone alive then), but I think the idea to make a movie about this was justified.

Though it's not good for content here, should we be glad that there haven't been a lot of peeps out of the Mariner camp for the last two days? If there's no news, that does mean there isn't any bad news, or bad moves. It's bad because they are leaving gaping holes on the team, but it's good news because they aren't adding hacks during these lull periods.

Man, I might have to resort to actually doing schoolwork?!! NOOOO!!

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page