<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 17, 2004

UNORIGINAL 

I've been swamped by schoolwork the last couple nights and tonight will be no exception. To those of you out there saying "that's bull, he's posted a bunch of times," the posts you are reading are the fruits of nonproductivity, or what I'm not supposed to be doing at that moment.

That said, I'm just gonna put up the exact post that I posted onto the P-I Mariner blog in response to the Mike Myers signing...here goes.

This is inevitable, so I'm gonna get it out of the way now.

Wayne's World. The scene where they're at Rob Lowe's apartment and Rob is about to call in an order for some takeout food at a local Chinese restaurant. Myers, Carvey, and Carrere are also in the room. When asked what he wants from the Chinese restaurant, Myers busts out one of the greatest ad-lib lines in movie history...

"I'll have the Cream of Sum-Yung Gai!"

Yes, I did Chinesify the last three words. Sound it out if you don't get it at first.

As for baseball (not actor) Mike Myers...I'm really not sure about this. Sure, he might be able to make some hitters look stupid, but I seem to be able to replay images in my mind over and over where the trajectory of a Myers pitch invariably ends up right in the hitters' wheelhouse, no matter what side of the plate the hitter is on.


I had to. It was too easy. If there's anyone out there who would like to have a email rattle-off of Wayne's World references (or 16th season to present SNL in general), my email link is at the top of the sidebar.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page