<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 16, 2004

I'M UNCLEAR 

Do the Mariners just want to beat everyone to the Cuban-guy-du-jour (is he really 24?), or do they actually have a plan for this guy? I haven't seen an ounce of speculation (maybe I'm just blind) as to what role Maels Rodriguez would take in the pitching staff. If he still has the 100-mph fastball and they put him in the bullpen, then I guess you get a faster and better version of the 2000 Mariners' Jose-squared combo (thanks, Bill Krueger) of Jose Paniagua and Jose Mesa. Except this time it'd be Maels and Raf Soriano. Two righties who throw smoke. If Maels doesn't have an off-speed pitch slower than a slider, than we could officially say that it'd be two of the same guy. Let's pray that Raf learns a changeup or a curve and bolsters his case for the rotation, shall we?

I think the bottom line here is, I'd be a lot more happy about this whole Maels Rodriguez guy if he was left-handed.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page