<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

SUNS 92, SUPERSONICS 91 (OT) 

I'll keep this one short, because I was at the Knight game. I'll basically try to echo what David Locke said on KJR.

The Sonics scored on exactly one out of nine possessions in the five-minute overtime period.

The Suns' only field goal of the overtime was the Anfernee Hardaway (washed-up) alley-oop to Shawn Marion.

You read that right -- Phoenix outscored Seattle 3-2 in the overtime.

Quoth coach Nate McMillan: "Twenty-six turnovers? I don't even know how we stayed in this game."

The Sonics stayed in the game because they somehow managed to outrebound (rare) the Suns 59-41.

The time when I used to care about the NBA also coincided with two things -- (1) when the Sonics were good, and (2) when at least one of the teams managed to top the 100-point mark in every game most of the time.

I know it's unrealistic nowadays, but I feel cheated if I see an NBA score and both teams score under 100 points apiece. If I wanted low scores, I'd watch a college game.

Oh, I never mentioned it yet here, and I should have posted about it Friday night...in that Nets/Grizzlies game where the Nets got squashed, Stromile Swift had the absolute video-game style dunk (alley-oop) of the frigging year. The pass was somewhat of a teardropper (I think it was from Bonzi) and it seemed like Swift had to reach his arm to full extension to pick it out of the air and pack it. Simply amazing. It was one of those dunks where I would watch SportsCenter latenight repeats just to see it again.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page