<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 09, 2003

I TAKE MY CHANCES ON.....EVERYDAY EDDIE! 

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyday Eddie Guardado will be a Seattle Mariner.

Did I just type that?

3 years, 14 million. Sure, it may be a little more money than I thought he would be paid. But here's something to think about here. Guardado is coming to Seattle as a "setup man". However, Kazuhiro Sasaki's health is a question mark. Assuming that Sasaki is still with the Mariners in 2004, he would still be the closer. But I have a feeling that the M's signed Guardado not because they think that Sasaki will go back to Japan, but because of Sasaki's health.

I have no problem whatsoever with a bullpen that will feature Guardado and Shigetoshi Hasegawa. How can you complain about that? And it could possibly have Rafael Soriano as well, if he does not land in the starting rotation.

I'm happy about Guardado coming a Mariner not only because I like the guy, but he won't be pitching for Oakland or Boston. The M's, you could say, one upped the A's and Red Sox. I'm very encouraged by that.

Finally, about draft picks. I have a problem with the M's giving up a draft for all-world hack Raul Ibanez. But for Guardado? At least Everday Eddie is good, therefore I have no problem with giving up a pick to the Twins for him.

Now let's see if the M's can land Miguel Tejada......stay tuned!

FIRE UP THE MIGGY HOT STOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page