<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 08, 2003

HMM... 

I was just about to post that Colon link when Jeremy beat me to the punch, but that's jolly because then I don't have to think of much material.

Like Jeremy said, if Colon signs with the Angels, that leaves only the Dodgers as legitimate competition for Tejada, and even still, most articles I've been saying have placed the Mariners and Angels as bidders in the Tejada sweepstakes. Of course, this is unless Arte Moreno goes nuts as REALLY opens up his pocketbook or something. Or if Tejada is stupid and goes to Detroit. And with the Dodgers, if they land Nomar as is rumored, then they're not gonna go after Tejada. So that leaves only the Mariners, assuming the A's really have no chance, like we are led to believe. You never know, he might think about it for a while, and then take the A's to arb, try to have a better year with the A's next year, and get more money and years on next year's market. I'M HOPING AND PRAYING HE DOESN'T DO THAT.

Tibits catching my eye from RotoWorld involve the Devil Rays having Carl Everett, Jose Cruz Jr, and Juan Gonzalez on their list. Another RotoWorld thing on Colon...I didn't think the Angels were going to shop Washburn or Ramon Ortiz after they got Colon. That's borderline dumb, if you ask me. The phrase "robbing Peter to pay Paul" comes to mind, even though Colon is better than either of Wash and Ortiz (Pedro Lite...remember, I think he even changed his number from 36 to 45).

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page