<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 04, 2003

BETTER DUDS 

I'd like to welcome the Phoenix Coyotes to the National Hockey League. Obviously, since 1996 when they arrived in Arizona from Winnipeg, they have been in the NHL. But with those putrid uniforms that they had worn over the past few seasons, they looked more like an East Coast Hockey League team than an NHL team. Well, they are officially an NHL team, because they changed their look...and it's not a shock that they did this, because they are moving into a new arena in Glendale in a few months.

My first opinion of these uniforms is that Wayne Gretzky had a lot to do with them. I definitely see a little Team Canada in these unis, judging by the lines are near the bottom and whatnot. I'll also say that somebody in their marketing department was motivated by how well the new Cleveland Cavaliers jerseys were selling, and thought, hey, why don't we have that new Cavs color for the Coyotes? And they are TRADITIONAL! How about that?

The new Coyote logo is worlds ahead of the previous logo. It doesn't look a cartoon, it actually looks like a real coyote. Who knows, I may actually buy a new Coyote hat.

But I'll still go with the new Everett Silvertips logo as my favorite new sports logo...link to their page is to the right, just scroll down. Props again to the Coyotes for seeing the light...and I can definitely hear the CHING CHING right about now.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page