<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 03, 2003

UNREAL, AGAIN 

Of the MLB players traded prior to the July 31 trading deadline, shortstop Rey Sanchez has a higher batting average (.352) than anyone with a minimum of 50 at-bats.

YAY! Should I be excited about this? This is me leaving. NO, I'm not leaving just yet, because I can't let this issue go without a few cents spewed from my mind. Since Rey Rey has been a Mariner, the M's are 15-14. Obviously this can't be pinned too much on Sanchez, because he did do a good job filling in for Carlos DUIllen when he was out with another boo-boo. But the point is that how ludricrous it is to bring up a stat like this. It doesn't mean anything. So what if Rey Rey has hit .352 since he's been in Seattle. In his 37 hits as a Mariner, only 2 of them have been extra base hits.

And this team is in second place. But I guess getting a bat at the July 31 or the August 31 deadline would have made too much sense, huh?

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page