<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 26, 2006

BARE BONES 

It's a pretty lean time for Sports and B's, in case you haven't noticed. Compared to last year at this time, the busy factor now is the exact opposite. When you know enough that the Times posts their latest online sports articles at around 12:15am and that the P-I refreshes theirs usually by the half-hour before midnight -- you had to have a lot of time on your hands. The only joys of being unemployed in Bremerton and living with the 'rents was that the sports got me through, and I had the daily post routine going and everything. Additionally, I wish the Seahawks could have gotten to the Super Bowl a year earlier -- my coverage would have been nuts. Even as I worked through last summer (after I got the connection at my place), I was able to crank out the Mariner game posts on a fairly regular basis.

Where we're at now is that Jeremy is deep into the four-year college thing, and I've had fairly grueling job training here (like a school, which means studying a whole bunch after work and stuff) in Virginia since the start of October. If I had my way, I'd be posting about ten to twenty times more often that I have been since the end of the baseball season. I guess the good thing is that I haven't had to sort through the wreckage that is the Seattle SuperSonics or the arena situation, or that the team might move or whatnot (the city of Seattle cannot lose Kevin Calabro).

What's on the horizon? I leave for Hawaii on March 22nd. If all goes as scheduled, I should have the connection over there on the 25th. So, I should be back to normal just in time for baseball season. I don't know what the game post format will be this season, but if it's within my power, game posts will happen.

Believe me, I haven't felt like myself without being able to post regularly. Geology camp two summers ago was six weeks, not six months. Of course, the six weeks was a near-total detachment from sports altogether. But hey, all I was missing was the worst Mariner season in over a decade. Over the past six months, I've known what I've wanted to post about, yet couldn't. The Seahawks went to the freakin' Super Bowl, for goodness' sake.

Basically, wait a month and things will pick up on my end. I wish I didn't have to wait.

My goodness, did I just see Jerry Rice say that winning Dancing With the Stars would be right up there with winning a Super Bowl? Yikes. He didn't win though. And Kenny Mayne was around for the closing credits.

Anyway, yeah, the baseball season is coming soon, and hopefully a return to normality around these parts.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page