<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

BELATED THANKS 

I haven't done this yet, but big thanks to our readers for sticking with us through 2005. The both of us have had a lot happen within the last 12 months. For instance, Jeremy is back in college again and is journalistically active, and this blog isn't his first priority when it comes to writing about sports, nor should it be. For me, I finally went from unemployed to employed, and that was definitely a good thing financially. Of course, it meant my posting here got a little less obsessive, and if you peered back through last winter's archives, you could probably detect that easily.

I got a job in Hawaii and had to wait a few weeks to get a connection, which were some of the longest weeks of my life (not as long as six weeks without it in Oregon due to field school). For the three months after that, it was a perpetual cycle of getting home, loading up MLB.tv, and constructing the Mariner game posts, then throwing in my piece afterward.

Then my job sent me over here to Virginia Beach for training, the Mariners had their season end, and the Canucks started theirs. The Canucks started hot, and I listened to as many of their games as I could, but since the home games start late here, I'd been guilty to knock out halfway through the second period. Then my training (it's school-like) got incredibly hard, and I did nothing but study/sleep/eat on weekdays and watched no television whatsoever. My only real output consisted of backposts for the Canucks and Marvin Williams. Somewhere along the way, the Sonics decided they shouldn't defend anymore (and a head rolled for that today).

The point is this -- we, the writers of Sports and Bremertonians, now have lives. We're busy now.

For those who have stuck with us through this year of big changes, we can't thank you enough.

I wish I had something more of a pseudo-gift than night pictures of Harbor Park (home of the Norfolk Tides -- Mets AAA) and the Scope (arena), but alas...I've been busy. Yes, I had the car stopped when I took the second one, I wasn't just driving and snapping.
David photo
David photo


I guess maybe a greater gift would be to have you realize how good we've had it with the Seahawks right now, then go through our Seahawk gameday posts for the 2004 season. Just shock yourself and realize how great this year's been for the Seahawks.

Anyway, thanks once again to all of you, and may 2006 bring you good fortune.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page