<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

HEY MAN, LOOK AT ME ROCKING OUT... 

I enjoyed watching last night's Home Run Derby. While I didn't like the format of the derby (Jason Bay does NOT belong in a home run hitting competition), I did enjoy the pride the players showed for their countries. It would have been unjust to see somebody other than Bobby Abreu winning the Home Run Derby last night.

I could do a post on the Home Run Derby itself. But I figured that I should go in a different direction.

During the preshow, Alter Bridge performed "Open Your Eyes", from their album One Day Remains. I would have rather heard "Find The Real", but "Open Your Eyes" would do. Alter Bridge guitarist Mark Tremonti is from Michigan, so there was a local connection there. I'd like to salute Major League Baseball for not using Kid Rock as the preshow entertainment. Thanks, Bud.

Anyways, everything is going well. Until Johnny Damon and Mike Piazza step on stage.

REUTERS/Gregory Shamus

The most talented person on that stage was Mark Tremonti. Seriously, Tremonti is a damn good guitarist. His work in Creed will never get the proper respect because of Scott Stapp. I'm just glad that he's able to play with Alter Bridge, who are one of the better rock bands out there today.

REUTERS/Ray Stubblebine

It's too bad that I couldn't find a picture of Piazza banging the cymbals on Scott Phillips' drum set. That had to be the funniest white guy moment since Mark Madsen's Dance Fever audition in Los Angeles a few years ago.

AP Photo/Paul Sancya

Singer Myles Kennedy with Damon. Bud Selig instituted his "Best Interest of Baseball" rule by banning Scott Stapp from Major League Baseball for life due to his atrocious performance of "God Bless America" at the World Series last year.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In hindsight, I wished that Miguel Cabrera would have ran on stage with the Venezuelan flag. Seeing him with the Venezuelan flag was the highlight of the Home Run Derby for me, even with Abreu crushing 41 home runs.

REUTERS/Rebecca Cook

The All-Star Game coverage starts at 5 p.m. Pacific on FOX. IT DOESN'T COUNT!

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page