<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 16, 2005

ARKANSAS, SON! WHAT? 

REUTERS/Matthew Minard

Arkansas' own Jermain Taylor is your new undisputed middleweight champion after earning a split decision against Bernard Hopkins in Las Vegas Saturday night.

As a resident of the state of Arkansas, I feel a little bit of pride tonight in seeing Taylor win. He's a class act who's great for the sport of boxing. Hopkins, however, isn't as classy. Of course, Hopkins had some pre-fight comments about Taylor and the state of Arkansas.

"I refuse to lose to a person that lives in Arkansas, I'm a Philadelphia guy."

Good for you, Bernard.

"All you hear is he is younger and stronger than me, you never hear he is talenteder than me."

Yes, Hopkins said "talenteder". I can honestly say with a straight face that nobody in this state has ever used the "word" talenteder.

"(This wasn't) some fight in Arkansas, in a swamp someplace. This is Hollywood. We're in Vegas, man, this is the big time."

Las Vegas may be glitzy, but it's not Hollywood. Last time I checked, Hollywood is in California and Las Vegas is in Nevada.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Congratulations, Jermain.

Arkansas is proud of you.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page