<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 21, 2005

THE PUMP 5/21/05 



Padres at Mariners, 7:05 Pacific (FSN Northwest, MLB.TV)

Brian Lawrence (2-4, 5.24 ERA) vs Gil Meche (3-2, 5.25 ERA)

If you read Sports and Bremertonians during the offseason, chances are you came across my post on the Padres' campaign for a new theme song. I had voted for Gary Hoey's "Go Padres". It was obviously the best song of the bunch. Guess what?

I was right.

There's a reason to hate the San Diego Padres now. They have a much better theme song than your Seattle Mariners! How can you not like the rocking tune "Go Padres"? I'm not even a Padres fan. If I were a Padres fan, that song would get me fired up for a ballgame.

Here's the link to Hoey's winning song. Why can't the Mariners call on a Seattle-area guitarist such as Chris DeGarmo to create a theme song? I know why. He's not "family-friendly" enough for the Mariners!

As for happenings on-the-field, let's hope Gil Meche can avoid "The Big Inning".

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page