<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 10, 2005

TAKE THE PAC-10 TOURNEY ON THE ROAD 

One thing that could use some work with the Pac-10 Tournament is the location itself. The Staples Center in Los Angeles is not a bad venue at all, but I feel that this tournament could really be a success in other cities throughout the Pac-10 Conference.

Seattle - Key Arena

Portland - Rose Garden

Oakland - Oakland Coliseum Arena

Los Angeles - Staples Center

Phoenix - America West Arena


I would also improve the student ticket situation as well. As far as I know, the student tickets aren't cheap at all for the tournament. College basketball games need students in the stands. But sometimes, it is all about the corporations. Just watch the next few weeks of college basketball and you'll know exactly what I mean.

The 5 cities that I recommend as hosts for the Pac-10 Tournament makes sense to me. Put the tournament on a 5-year rotation between those cities. The Staples Center deal with the Pac-10 expires after the 2006-2007 season. While Fox wants the tournament in the Staples Center, I have to believe that you can get a better atmosphere for the tournament in Seattle or Portland.

As far as this year's Pac-10 Tournament goes, thank God that I have Fox College Sports. Yes, the Pac-10 TV deal with Fox Sports Net is awful.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page