<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 14, 2005

OVER YET? 

I'm just waiting for the NHL season to officially be wiped away.

I saw Ron McLean of Hockey Night in Canada being interviewed in a segment last night for CBC News Sunday. Of course, I didn't really have an idea of what he was going to say going in, but I was a bit surprised.

McLean said he thinks there will be a season this year (I think that's a stretch), but he also says that the two sides really aren't that far apart, and that the owners have all of the leverage in this situation, in that they're the ones with the deep pockets. The owners of course are also not paying players during the lockout and in all likelihood will probably have an easier time than the other side financially trying to wait this one out, should they try and bust the union.

Anyway, here's Ron's piece, which is almost a week old, but is pretty much in tune with what he said last night. He has also cited Rod Fort, who has been on our sidebar since I encountered some of his data on the way to making this last year.

I guess I'm just surprised at the perspective that the owners might actually have all of the leverage in all of this. Can it really be that lopsided?

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page