<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 13, 2005

THE LATE SHOW 

Yeah, I'm late. It's a combination of chatting with a high school buddy until 4am and having a telephone job interview at 1pm. Luckily I don't think I missed all too much.

-- On TV tonight: Loyola Marymount at Gonzaga, 7pm (KONG 6/16)

MARINERS
Gil Meche gets one year and $2.535M. This is the part where we hope that Gil Meche has the full arsenal of duct tape and super glue with which to hold his shoulder together.

Both Jim Moore and Blaine Newnham caught up to the Mariners Winter Tour at Breidablik Elementary in Poulsbo for an assembly. This of course means those two writers didn't come to Bremerton. Oh well. Bucky's facial hair didn't look quite as cool as it did last year, but let's just hope he heals up and smashes the crap out of the ball again.

Also, Buck O'Neil is simply the man. I don't think I could ever get tired of this guy. It seems like every time I've heard Buck, I can just sense that he genuinely loves life and loves baseball. My attention never wavers when Buck O'Neil tells a story. Buck O'Neil rules.

Yes, I just played the FOX baseball theme on my computer again. Then I put it on repeat. Just a little more than a month until pitchers and catchers report.

SEAHAWKS
I'm sure we'll have some NFL Draft stuff on this page soon.

BASKETBALL
The Marvin Williams Watch
Jeremy saw the game on TV last night, a convincing 91-69 win over 8th-ranked Georgia Tech. Marvin Williams had 14 points, 6 rebounds, and 2 steals in 23 minutes off the bench. He went 3-for-7 from the field and went 7-for-8 from the free-throw line. That's some inside presence.

The Tar Heels are at Wake Forest on Saturday and at Clemson on Wednesday.

Huskies
Finally, two articles not about game-ending punctuation-mark dunks between Washington and Oregon. I'd only read a couple articles about that and I was already tired of it.

The Huskies are home tonight against Oregon and against Oregon State on Saturday.

Bulldogs
Ronny Turiaf hasn't picked it up yet after the ankle sprains. He hasn't led the Zags in scoring in the last seven games, yet they're still 11-3.

The Bulldogs are home against Loyola Marymount tonight and against Pepperdine on Saturday.

Sonics
For my take on the game last night, scroll down two posts or click here if you're in the archive.

I have no idea who John Klima is, but he wrote the game article instead of Percy Allen. I did ask myself late in the fourth quarter, "where did they get this guy?" I'm pretty sure I was referring to Darrick Martin.

Simply put, the shots that the Sonics hit the night before (when I still didn't think they shot too well) they didn't hit last night. Ten-for-20 in Seattle from downtown, and 5-for-25 last night.

Upcoming...
Tomorrow vs. Golden State
Sunday vs. Cleveland
Tuesday vs. Denver

HOCKEY
Kootenay beat Seattle 4-3. Kootenay dumped the puck in off the glass and Bryan Bridges came out of the net to play it. The puck took a weird bounce off the glass and ended up in the net. That was the game-winner, coming with 7:56 left in the third period. The Ice led 3-1 in the first period, but the T-Birds rallied back with two goals in the second period to tie it. Then that weird goal happened in the third period. Ladislav Scurko, Clayton Barthel, Zack FitzGerald scored for Seattle. The Ice were helped by two members of Team Canada's gold-medal junior team, Nigel Dawes (2 assists) and Jeff Glass (21 saves). The T-Birds outshot Kootenay 24-19, and Bryan Bridges stopped 15.

Brandon beat Portland 2-1. The streak is over. Blake Grenier finally returned from injury, ending Dustin Butler's 25-game streak of starting in net for Portland. Cody McLeod scored a goal on the power play, giving him his eighth goal in nine games and a 5-game point streak. That goal cut Brandon's lead in half, but it was also in the third period, and the Winter Hawks never managed to tie. This was the fourth time this year that Portland has been denied a three-game winning streak. Portland badly outshot the Wheat Kings 31-19. Blake Grenier stopped 17 in the Portland net.

Upcoming...
Tonight: Manitoba at San Antonio
Tomorrow: Everett at Vancouver, Seattle at Tri-City, Portland at Moose Jaw, Manitoba at Houston, Puget Sound at Portland
Saturday: Vancouver at Everett, Portland at Kootenay, Puget Sound at Portland
---

Tomorrow's Friday. You ain't got s&$* to do!! Okay, I just had to quote the movie Friday there because seriously that's the first line that pops into my mind whenever I realize it's Friday.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page