<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 21, 2005

DERAIL 

I thought I was going to see some hockey tonight at the rink here in Bremerton, but it turns ot this week is a bye week for the Tomahawks and the games that I thought were this weekend are actually next weekend instead.

I guess I won't be missing Timberwolves/Sonics tonight.

Anyway, if there's anyone following my posts for coverage of the Tomahawks and was anticipating to see the Tomahawks this weekend, not only would I be surprised, I'd just tell you I got messed up too here. I thought they were playing this weekend, then I looked at the schedule and I was like, "damn."

As for what I'll be doing until the Sonics come on, I went over to Best Buy to kill some time the other night, and I saw that EA Sports NHL 2005 for the PC was ther for a paltry $19.99. The original price tag was still on it for $39.99. Half-price. Yum. Maybe I'll just play tihs every night and pretend I'm following an actual NHL season. If I get deep into Dynasty Mode, I'll tell you how that goes, if it's going good and I'm not too proud to admit that I suck at the game.

However, I will admit that I've owned Civilization III much too long to still suck at it, but I do.

Back to the NHL game, I think the Canucks are rated ridiculously low on the game, but maybe that's just me. I've played with the Canucks against Calgary and I think I've only won twice out of about seven or eight tries, which makes me mad. Then I go to "Rematch" after I'm done and then invariably lose again. It's a vicious cycle. Also, I somehow got Slovakia to beat Canada in the World Cup. I won 4-2, and I have to say that I'm a big fan of Video Zdeno Chara.

So now it looks like I'll try to take Slovakia as far as I can in the World Cup.

As for the real 2004 World Cup that took place, well, I watched some games.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page