<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

FREE RAMBLE, PRE-THANKSGIVING EDITION 

No school for me until next Tuesday.

I love it.

With that, I like to free ramble.

---Krenzel! Henson! Buckeye! Wolverine! It's the Bears and Cowboys, Thanksgiving afternoon on FOX! I don't have a serious beef with the Cowboys and Lions hosting Thanksgiving games, because it is tradition for them to do so. But can we at least get a halfway decent team playing the Cowboys? At least the Colts are playing the Lions.

---CUT THAT MEAT! Peyton Manning's Mastercard commercial is the funniest commercial on television right now. Another great line from that commercial is when Peyton is at the gas station. He raises his arms in a field goal motion as he says "and it's full!".

---CUT THAT MEAT!

---Peyton's daddy (not Archie) is now the ballcoach at South Carolina. That's right, Steve Spurrier is back in the college game. Thank God. He simply couldn't cut it in the pros. It happens. Spurrier was great for the college game and now that he's back, the college game will be much better off. When hearing of the news, Arkansas head coach Houston Nutt wept.

---I was watching the Tennessee-North Carolina off and on tonight, and I'm impressed by Marvin Williams already. Granted, he only scored 7 points going 2-for-7 from the field. But he's a freshman. He will only get better. Yes, I think it's safe to say that he's the best athlete to ever come out of Bremerton High School. The Tar Heels beat Tennessee 94-81 and will play Iowa tomorrow night in the Maui Invitational championship game.

---Go Knights!

---Auburn's 2004 non-conference schedule? Louisiana-Monroe, Louisiana Tech, and The Citadel. Give me a break. As I've said, USC-Oklahoma would be a much better game than USC-Auburn.

---Please, for the love of God, I hope Cal beats Southern Miss Dec. 4. Cal deserves to go to the Rose Bowl. But if Boise State creeps up into the Top 6 of the BCS, Cal may get left out of the BCS picture. Sorry Broncos fans, but I'd much rather see Aaron Rodgers in the Rose Bowl than to see your very solid team in a BCS game. Hell, the Liberty Bowl in Memphis isn't so bad. Chances are that we could have a Boise State-Louisville Liberty Bowl this year. That potential Liberty Bowl matchup could be the best non-BCS game of the bowl season.

---SEC homers crack me up, they really do. I'll just leave it at that.

---"Cold Pizza" sucks. So does the Stat Boy version of "Around The Horn". And "I, Max" has slipped big time. However, I do like "The Sports List". One reason and one reason only: Summer Sanders.

---Nirvana's box set "With The Lights Out" came out today. Cool. But as I've told David many times, they weren't the best band of the "Seattle scene". Not even close. Give me Soundgarden and Alice In Chains anyday. Speaking of box sets, I still need to get AIC's "Music Bank" box set. I'll get that before I get the Nirvana box set, no doubt about it.

---BTW, I'm listening to "Superunknown" as we speak. What a great album. I can't express this enough. Soundgarden was a great band. Yet they never got the recognition that they rightfully deserved.

---Scot Pollard is David Duchovny as Jeff Goldblum reincarnated. "The letter two, my friend!"

---"IT'S A FREAKING HAMMER!!!"

---David says he misses Ellensburg. Well, I miss Washington. I miss it simply because when it rains in Washington, you don't have to worry about thunder or anything of that sort. It's freaking November 23 and we had a tornado watch today. That's not to say I don't like Arkansas, because I do. I just don't like dealing with a freaking tornado watch in November, that's all.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I'll have my NFL picks up tomorrow, since the NFL action will start up on Thanksgiving this week.

Later, everybody. If you're traveling tomorrow, be safe.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page