<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

STORMIN' NELSON 

A couple of things...of course this is before the new Wednesday slew of articles gets posted onto the Seattle daily papers' websites.

-- I watched the second half of Sun/Storm Game 3 instead of watching Red Sox/Yankees Game 1 (and Making the Cut...dammit!). But as a Seattle sports fan, and especially after the Seahawks' debacle on Sunday, I wasn't sure of the Storm winning until the final buzzer sounded. My goodness...a pro team from Seattle won a championship? David Locke and Elise Woodward were on the Storm radio broadcast asking themselves over and over if it was real, if it was really happening. Though I haven't been following the team for the whole year, or for the last five years, or followed women's basketball religiously since Kate Starbird, the Reign, and the ABL came and went, I was sitting there in front of the TV as the buzzer sounded and had to realize what I was seeing -- a team, from Seattle, celebrating, with the crowd going nuts, hoisting up the championship trophy, confetti raining down, the crowd not wanting to leave...I can only hope this happens with one of Seattle's other teams in the near future. Since I didn't follow this team day-to-day, or for a number of years, it's nowhere near as gratifying as if, say, the Mariners managed to win a World Series. I can't begin to put into words how it'd feel if the team I've been following for as long as I can remember ended up winning it all.

-- Okay, since everybody and their mother has searched us today for it (to the tune of one of our top three days ever in terms of hits), friend Grant correctly and immediately identified Pedro's friend as an actor (Majai) in the 1996 version of the film The Island of Dr. Moreau. The man's name is Nelson de la Rosa, age 36.

-- I was let off work early today. I ran to Best Buy and got the new Sum 41 album (review may be at Rambling on Music in the near future) as well as Ren & Stimpy seasons 1 and 2 on DVD (YEAH!!!!). Then I went to Ostrander Field again and hit baseballs, but into the wind this time. Wind sucks. Wind was the one thing in Ellensburg that kept me from buying a wiffleball and wifflebat when I was over there. Wiffleball is logistically impossible in Ellensburg. Too much freakin' wind.

Okay, this'll be it before I most likely chime in on the midnight articles. Seeya next time.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page