<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 18, 2004

SUN BELTED 

Tonight, I was going to do a post on Arkansas State upsetting #25 Memphis.

However, Arkansas State just couldn't close the deal. Memphis State, excuse me, Memphis, came back to defeat the Indians 47-35. I listened to the entire game, because I had a feeling that ASU would give Memphis a run. They sure did. It's just too bad that they couldn't win.

But you want to know what is sad? If Arkansas State would have upset Memphis tonight, the media attention would have still gone to Arkansas, who defeated Louisiana-Monroe in Little Rock 49-20. From what I've heard from a few fans here, Little Rock is a much better atmosphere than Fayetteville for Razorbacks football. I would sure like to find that out for myself.

Anyways, there's a reason why I care about Arkansas State. I'm transferring there next fall. Believe me, I would have never thought after graduating high school that I would ever consider going to college in Arkansas. But it is what it is.

I'm just a little sad that Idaho won't be in the Sun Belt next year...

Not. The Vandals being in the Sun Belt never made sense. But then again, college football doesn't make sense period. Consider that West Virginia, who really isn't that good, could go undefeated and earn a BCS berth. Yet a team like Fresno State could very well go undefeated this season and won't even sniff the BCS. Unreal.

OK, I've rambled long enough. Oh well.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page