<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 16, 2004

THOUGHTS ON TARA 

As David did, I'll go ahead and leave a few blank lines myself.







































---END OF BLANK LINES---

Well damn. Unlike David, I have not been able to see the race yet. But I couldn't wait until tonight to find out the results. I'll be able to see the race on NBC sometime between 7 and 11 p.m. Central time on NBC.

Anyways, that's the beauty of the Olympics, man. The hype for this race was for Australia's Leisel Jones, Amanda Beard, and Tara. But I didn't really hear a lot of talk for China's Luo Xuejuan. Again, that's the beauty of the Olympics. Anybody can win. If you're good enough to qualify for the Games, then you definitely have a shot to win.

What's shocking to me is not just that Tara finished 6th. But the fact that not only did Jones have to settle for the Bronze, but that Beard didn't medal at all. She was too busy with her Maxim and FHM photoshoots to give a damn about this race, I think. After all, she's better in the 200m breaststroke.

As for Tara, I'm in total agreeance with David. I think she will train for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. If I know her like I do, there's no way she will settle for 6th. But who knows. Things change in people's lives.

Congrats to Tara for making it to Athens. That's quite an accomplishment. Not everybody can say that. I know I can't. I'm just a jackass with a computer in Arkansas.

We're all proud of Tara, regardless of where she finished. She's given Bremerton a renewed sense of pride. And she's given me a reason to care about the Olympics this year. The Olympic hype in the state of Arkansas is next to nothing. But in my house, the hype is tremendous right now. It's one of the few things that can bring families such as mine together.

Now it's Dana's turn. She will swim in the 200 meter butterfly on Tuesday. Best of luck to Dana.

I also would like to thank the Seattle Times, Seattle P-I, and the Bremerton Sun for their coverage. One of the many reasons why the Internet is one of the greatest inventions of our time.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page