<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 15, 2004

OLYMPIC UPDATE, AND OTHER STUFF 

Since now I know it's aired on the west coast, I can finally say to you all (without spoiling everything for you) that Tara Kirk won her semifinal heat with a time of 1:07.60 and will be in the 100m breaststroke final. Her time was 3rd out of all the 16 semifinal swimmers. In preliminaries, about nine hours earlier, Tara swam a 1:07.92, 3rd out of 48 swimmers.

So, here's how the sched goes...

Tara -- 100m breaststroke final (starting grid), Monday, 10:15am Pacific time. Possibly to air live on CBC to those in the Puget Sound area who have Comcast cable, or the handful of readers in Canada that read us mainly for the Mariners.

For the record, the CBC aired Tara's semifinal swim about an hour after it happened, whereas NBC aired it about 12 hours after it happened. Her preliminary swim was not aired on television, as far as I know.

Dana -- 200m butterfly preliminaries, heat 2 (starting grid), Tuesday, 12:32am Pacific time. Pending qualification, the two semifinal heats start at 9:56am. Finals are Wednesday at 10:13am.

And I must say I have absolutely no idea about whether or not any races will air, and if so, when. Of course, I could dig around online for an extremely detailed program guide, but my computer is absolutely jacked right now. Something with Javascript and cookies which I can't seem to fix by messing with the Internet Options; basically as of three days ago, I can't send emails from my Yahoo account because the damn "compose," "check mail," and "send" buttons are all in Java. I can't even get into my three other email accounts. It's horrible.

But it's a little bit easier when two people you knew are gunning for Olympic hardware. Once again, good luck to both.

By the way, to those anxiously waiting (I'm sure that's approximately zero people), there's three more entries still to be revealed in the Sports and B's Hall of Fame. If you're a really really avid reader of this blog (once again, probably zero people), you should be able to guess who will take two of the three remaining entries. One should be an absolute giveaway. It's all up to me to get around to constructing the entries now, and it's good that Monday is an off day for the Mariners, let me just put it that way.

See y'all tomorrow.
[Edit ~11:55p -- Apparently Jeremy has notified me that NBC did air Tara's preliminary swim. I must have been caught up in the Mariner game or something.]

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page