<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 06, 2004

HYPERVENTILATION 

More small notes before the game...

-- The New York Jets have signed Pete Kendall. I'll just guess Mike Holmgren still has it in for him.

-- Arizona Diamondbacks CEO Jerry Colangelo apparently is retiring. Boy, it's good times in Diamondback land. Not with the team's performance, but Colangelo...I've never liked the guy, and I know I'm not the only one. The retiring coincides with the news that apparently agent Jeff Moorad is taking some sort of high-ranking position with the D-Backs. Yikes.

-- You've seen these commercials for the Honda motocross bikes, right? It starts out and it shows Ricky Carmichael (MX2002 was one of the best videogames I've played in my life), and then it shows a bunch of kids doing motocross stuff on these Honda bikes. The problem? Well, I have to say that the Kidz Bop compilations have built a trigger in me that cringes every time I hear a group of kids singing something. In the case of the Honda commercial, the word "ride" is sung roughly 43953034 times. It is ANNOYING AS HELL. I seriously mute the commercial every time it comes on, or I change the channel. It is bad. It's worse than the Jason Giambi commercials for ESPN MLB 2004. Hey...maybe's there's an ESPN MLB videogame curse similar to the Madden curse. Also, it's quite the coincidence that ESPN NFL 2K5 is going right up against Madden NFL 2005, considering John Madden is on ABC/ESPN payroll. Funny.

-- Okay, I'm sitting here before the Mariner game and I flip on Fox Sports Net Northwest (FSNNW). As an aside, I remember when everything was easier and they didn't use the word "Net" and it was just Fox Sports Northwest and it made everything easier. Anyway, I think FSN just reached a new low. They were showing TNA Wrestling. Granted, the TNA acronym meant "Total Nonstop Action" instead of what I'm sure most people wished it was when they saw the acronym originally, but the point is, Fox Sports Net was showing PRO WRESTLING. What the HELL?!!?! I could live through infinite reruns of I, Max easier than watching pro wrestling on FSNNW.

Okay, I think my heart rate is decreasing to healthier levels now. Thank you for accompanying me in my session of venting. Gametime is coming shortly.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page