<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 05, 2004

HE WANTS THE BALL AND HE WILL SCORE 



You damn well better believe that.

I've been watching the 2003 Seattle Seahawks highlight reel (requires Real Player) at NFL.com a few times over the past week. And every damn time, I get chills watching the exchange between Mike Holmgren, Matt Hasselbeck, and his teammates, most notably John Randle:

After the Seahawks tied the game at 27 late in the 4th quarter:
Holmgren: "Who's gonna call it?"
Hasselbeck: "I got it"
Randle: "Matt's gonna call it"
Holmgren: "Call it."
Hasselbeck: "I got it"
Alex Bannister: "Let's go Matt"
Randle, patting Hass on the head: "There you go."

Coin toss takes place, Hasselbeck calls heads. We know the story:
Hasselbeck: "I like to call heads"
Team: "HEADS!"
Hasselbeck: "We want the ball and we're going to score!"

I know the Seahawks lost this game. But 7 months later, I still can't help but be proud as hell of Matt Hasselbeck. Folks, we got ourselves a f***ing quarterback!

I was literally sick when that dreadlocked bastard Al Harris intercepted Hasselbeck's pass to eliminate the Seahawks. I've been tortured enough, dammit. So have most Seattle sports fans.

These aren't your same ol' Seahawks. There's reason to be excited about this team. Get fired up. And this season, Hasselbeck wants the ball. And he will score.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page