<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

WHAT DOES CRIS CARTER DO? 

Tom Jackson: "Catch touchdowns."

Cris Carter proclaims the Seattle Seahawks as the 2nd best team in the NFC, behind Philadelphia.

The Seattle Seahawks are the second-best team in the NFC. If they have a good regular season, it will come down to Seattle and Philadelphia for home-field advantage in the playoffs and the inside track on this year's Super Bowl.

I agree with this statement. It will come down to the Eagles and Seahawks for home field. These are the two best teams in the NFC going into training camp. Both teams should win their divisions. However, I won't shed a tear if the Eagles earn the #1 seed overall. I believe that the Seahawks will be improved on the road in 2004. Hell, the only direction they can go is up.

Give me an Eagles-Seahawks NFC Championship Game. It doesn't matter where it is played, just give it to me.

Carter on the Seahawks:
The Seattle Seahawks will benefit from their experience in last year's playoffs and Mike Holmgren, after years of struggling, finally has the team that he wants in Seattle. People in Seattle should be excited about the team and what Holmgren is doing. Things are really looking up for the Seahawks.

Matt Hasselbeck is growing into a confident quarterback and has good weapons in Shaun Alexander and a good young receiving corps. If Darren (Darrell!) Jackson and Koren Robinson can cut out half of last year's drops, the Seahawks offensive production will explode.

On defense, newcomers Grant Wistrom at defensive end and Bobby Taylor at cornerback will be the catalysts for Seattle. These two guys are solid veterans coming from winning teams.


OK, he got Darrell Jackson's name wrong. But he's right on the money with everything else concerning the Seahawks.

He does have the Eagles beating the Seahawks in the NFC Championship Game, but that's to be expected. A ton of "experts" are picking the Eagles to win the NFC in 2004, and with good reason. They added Terrell Owens and Jevon Kearse to a team who has had a lot of success over the past 4 years. But I still don't think it will be enough.

I need to save some of my "expertise" for my big NFL preview (coming sometime in late August-early September). I can't help myself though, I'm so ready for football.

Or, better yet, I'm So Taguchi for football.


/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page