<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 01, 2004

STONED AND DETHRONED 

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what I wish would happen to some of the philosophies of this brass.

All you need to see is the headline to today's Larry Stone article. I'll let you click on it for the initial shock.

Now, some words from MVP shortstop and former Seattle free-agent target (the extent to which is debatable given the lowballing that took place) Miguel Tejada...

"I liked [Seattle]. I know it's great place to play there, a contending team. But my agent got me a better deal."
[...]
... the Mariners bit their lip and reluctantly stretched their offer to five years, for a reported $45 million.
It wasn't close to enough, just as the Mariners sensed.
[...]
"It came close," he said. "I hoped I was going to Seattle. After I talked to Mr. Gillick at my house, I thought I might be there. They told me they were going to try to sign me. I told them I was going to listen to everything they said, because I want to go there.
[...]
"Baltimore give me six years," he said. "That's why I'm here, why I decided to sign with them."


There's so much venting I could do right here, there really is. I could just give you the same stuff I've been giving to you all for months.

All I'm going to say now (since I'm doing lab work) is this...

If you're looking for balls, go raid the equipment locker of your local high school, your local driving range, your local YMCA basketball rack, wherever, because this Mariner ownership can't prove that they have any.

[If you got the Jesus and Mary Chain reference, give yourself a pat on the back.]

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page