<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 07, 2003

OH YEAH... 

The Canucks tied the Wild 1-1 last night, so I have to give them their due, though it's not proper right now because it's finals week here at Central.

I'd also like to thank the Seahawks for WASTING THREE HOURS OF MY LIFE TODAY. Thanks a whole BUNCH, guys!! I don't even want to see that team make the playoffs now, because they'll just get blown out in the first round just like they did that first year when Holmgren was coach. They got blown out by a Dolphins team that was at the very end of the Marino era and was starting Jay frigging Fiedler instead. The Hawks got blown out in Miami and then that Miami team turned around and got their asses handed to them by Jacksonville in the second round.

Oh yeah, about the game, there were about two points when I knew the game was over today. One was when the score went to 13-0 Vikings. The other was when Culpepper threw the first deep ball to Moss. If I were Mike Tice today, I would have thrown a deep ball on every down. And on every 4th down, I'd ask the punter to fumble it, pick it up, and then run for the first down -- yes, THAT HAPPENED TODAY.

But yeah, I don't want this team to make the playoffs to save itself the embarrassment of playing a playoff game on the road. The way they looked, it seemed like the Seahawks never even left the team hotel today. When people joke sometimes, they say "oh, the team didn't play today. They showed up, but they didn't play." Today, the Hawks just stayed at the hotel. Hell, the score might have even been closer if the Seahawks never got off the plane at MSP.

Anyway, I don't want this team to make the playoffs in the same way that the Sonics team a couple years ago shouldn't have made the playoffs (I heard people say they should have been the 9th seed though they were actually the 7th), and in the same way that I wanted the 2003 (and maybe 2002) Mariners to tank it after the deadline and give a huge middle finger to management.

Arb deadline has come and gone...news should be forthcoming...

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page