<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 31, 2003

NETWORKOCITY 

Today, I found something that I thought I would never come across again...

An old tape of the Mariners 1995 ALDS Game 3 against the Yankees.

Why do I bring this up? Well, remember The Baseball Network? Oh, I'm sure you remember it quite well. You know, the horrific package Major League Baseball, ABC, and NBC were all a part of. The Mariners-Yankees Game 3 was on a Friday night, October 6, 1995, to be exact. It was one of four games being played that night. The other games were Cleveland-Boston, Colorado-Atlanta, and Los Angeles-Cincinnati. For the record, those three series ended that night in sweeps (Indians, Braves, and Reds won those series).

What I'm trying to say is, we can bitch and moan about FOX's coverage of Major League Baseball all we want. But at least they give us an opportunity to watch every game in its entirety. No more of this "all four games at the same time" bullcrap.

And I also found my tape of the inaugural game at Safeco Field, complete with KIRO's pregame coverage, all 3 hours of it. There's even bonus coverage of KING 5's Safeco Field special as well. However, to this day, I still think they rushed Safeco Field. It should have opened up in April 2000, not July 1999. But I digress.

Finally, congrats to the Cougs for beating Texass last night. Being down here in Arkansas, I've had to defend the West Coast all season long. Well, them West Coast boys can play football too!!!

"KILL" BILL: IF IT WEREN'T FOR MY CHOKING ANGELS, SAFECO WOULD BE A DREAM

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page