<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 28, 2003

MR. STUPID ASS TRIBUNE LETTER WRITER 

Since the Tacoma News Tribune has now decided to require registration for its readers to read the TNT online, I didn't see this letter from Barry McLean, one of many assclowns from that yuppie palace Gig Harbor.

But now I have, thanks to David.

A few things here:

---I love the Philadelphia fans. Sure, they have booed Santa Claus, Mike Schmidt, and an injured Michael Irvin. But dammit, these fans are awesome. They love their teams, and aren't afraid to tell their teams what they think about them. God bless them. And Kate Smith as well.

---Philly fans were/are whining? Come on, dude, they have that right. We, as Seattle sports fans, also have the right to praise and bitch as well. And if you're really delighted to get away from the "constant whining of Philly fans", then you shouldn't have moved to the Seattle area. Doesn't this guy understand that the last time a Seattle sports team won a championship, Bon Scott was still alive? If I were him, I would have moved to Utah. People there love their Utah Jazz. In a related note, I hate the Jazz.

Only one team walks away from the season with rings on their fingers. To listen to some fans, the other 29 teams are complete failures; that includes that 2001 Mariners team which thrilled us nearly every day for half a year.

Sorry, but the 2001 Mariners were "failures". That's the way things are. If you don't win the World Series, then your season is a failure. And that 2001 team didn't thrill me every damn day, either.

David is right, somewhat, about the whole Safeco Field function deal I attended while I was a Mariners employee. Rick Rizzs has been known to echo Barry's thoughts. But here's the real quote right here, from Howard Lincoln:

"A loss in Safeco Field is better than a win in the Kingdome"

I agree with David's points about the last three seasons of Mariners baseball. They have been very disappointing. Sue me if I haven't had a whole lot of fun talking about the Mariners in the past couple of seasons. We are way past the point of being happy to be in the playoffs. It's World Series or bust.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

The Seahawks have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl than the Mariners winning the World Series in the next 3 years.

The thing is, the Seahawks are only 4 wins away from the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Yes, they have a very tough first playoff game at Green Bay Sunday afternoon. But you know, why can't the Seahawks make a run for the Super Bowl? I see teams like Baltimore, New England, and St. Louis in the past couple of seasons win Super Bowls, and I think to myself, why can't that be Seattle?

They may be a year away, this is very true. But I state this again:

Why not the Seahawks???

Something tells me that Shaun Alexander is going to become a nationally known player in the next week or two. He's known for the 266-yard performance against the Raiders in 2001 and the 5-touchdown game against the Vikings in 2002. But he's never played in a playoff game.

Until Sunday.

I like the Seahawks chances. Four years later, it is finally Now Time.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page