<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

MY 2004 "WHAT THE HELL SHOULD THE MARINERS DO" PLAN 

Here's my version of what the Mariners should do in the offseason leading up to the 2004 season:

---Sign SS Miguel Tejada to a 4-year deal, worth 50 million.
Give Tejada a good defensive first baseman (Olerud in 2004, hopefully Richie Sexson by 2005) and his defense will improve. Remember, not EVERYBODY on the Mariners roster has to have a GOLD GLOVE. And hell, the M's need some offense. Why not get Miggy?

---Sign DH/1B Brad Fullmer to a 1-year deal, worth 1.5-2 million
Fullmer is left-handed. He hits for power. The M's bench sucks. Why not get Fullmer?

---Sign DH/OF Matt Stairs to a 1-year deal, worth 1.5-2 million
Same with Fullmer. However, he plays the outfield. Again, the M's bench sucks. Why not get Stairs?

---Sign OF Jose Cruz, Jr. to a 2-year deal, worth 5-6 million
I'm with David here. I'm willing to sacrifice a little defense for a little more power here. And let's face it, Mike Cameron is not coming back. Cruz would make a homecoming back to Seattle. I want Vladimir Guerrero, but the M's aren't getting him. Move along, nothing to see there.

---Sign LHP Gabe White to a 1-year deal, worth 1.25 million
The M's desparately need a second LHP in the bullpen. Note that I said "second LHP". Arthur Rhodes is coming back, so that's your #1 LHP right there. Why the Yankees wouldn't re-sign him, I don't know. Let's hope the M's make the Yanks pay for that mistake.

---HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER ALREADY!!!

And a few more notes about the offseason:

Screw Kazu Matsui. I want Tejada. He's proven. Matsui is not. Next?

Ben Davis must be the full-time catcher in 2004. Give him the full-time job and he hits .260 with 15 HR and 60 RBI, I'll be thrilled.

With Edgar coming back, I can't see the M's getting Richie Sexson. But we love pipedreams, so I'm going to keep on keeping on the "Bring Richie Sexson to Seattle" bandwagon. Who knows, maybe he wouldn't mind playing left field again, at least for 2004.

Hire me as the full-time DJ at Safeco Field. I like Arkansas, but I'd move back to Washington in a heartbeat if I was offered that position. You won't be disappointed with my musical tastes, trust me Mariner fans.

Lee Pelekoudas will be the new M's GM. Book it.

Hate to end the 2004 plan on a downer, but that's how I feel. Have a nice day.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page