<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 03, 2003

GIZZAMMMA GM FEVER 

Did we expect anything else?

It's November 3, and the Mariners still haven't named a general manager. Big shock. Reportedly, the M's are "underwhelmed" by the crop of candidates they had interviewed. That's fine and dandy, because guys like Al Avila underwhelmed me as well. Actually, he never whelmed me at all. All I have to say here is that the M's need to get something done this week.

However, here's a horrible thought to chew on. What if they really don't find a candidate, and Pat Gillick comes back as the GM in 2004? OK, I'll just shut up now. But man, that thought has reared my head, and it's not good at all.

Anyways, here's the free agent trackers, courtesy of CBS.Sportsline.com:
American League
National League

Judging by these lists, expect the Mariners to pull a Ruben Sierra and sign OF Felix Jose, a DBack in 2003, a one-year contract. I'm also expecting the minor league contract to local boy Glendon Rusch, formerly of the Brewers. Rusch is the Jamey Wright deal all over again, you see.

That's just the pessimist in me. My "what the hell should the Mariners do in the offseason" plan is coming this week. Schoolwork > everything else. It sucks, I know.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page