<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 30, 2003

I HOPE THIS IS THE START OF A GREAT OFFSEASON 

Paul Molitor is the new hitting coach of the Seattle Mariners.

In 21 major league seasons, mostly with the Milwaukee Brewers, Molitor hit .306 and recorded 3,319 hits. Molitor also spent time in Toronto and Minnesota, where he was a roving minor league instructor during this past season.

I have no problem starting this rumor at all, and here it is: Paul Molitor as Mariner manager after 2004? Blow-Mel's contract is up after 2004. Hmmm...

I'll have my "what the hell should the Mariners do in the offseason?" plan in the coming days. Be on the lookout for it.

But this is great news if you're a Mariner fan. I'll say this: I respect the hell out of Paul Molitor, not some hack guy like Lamar Johnson, Gerald Perry, or Jesse Barfield.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page