<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 27, 2003

ESPN MISSES RICH EISEN; WAVE MOMENTS 

He is now with the NFL Network where nobody can see him, but former SportsCenter anchor and king of movie quotes (especially Caddyshack quotes) Rich Eisen is featured once again on VH1 for the I Love the 80s Strikes Back shows. I forget which year I'm about to refer to, but they have a segment in one of the shows about The Wave being invented at sporting events. Rich Eisen has the most magical two lines in response to The Wave:

"Hey, ass&%#*, I'm watching the game!!"

"Sit the f*$@ down."

I'd like to add that yes, I do sit down whenever The Wave goes by. I remember there used to be a section of season-ticket holders at the Kingdome (the number 136 comes to mind) where they would get the whole section to sit down to make somewhat of a hole in the Wave as it rolled by.

I think another Wave moment of mine happened when my dad, my friend Grant, and I all went to a Yankee/Mariner game in 1999 (which I will now dig up), and some drunk in the upper deck wearing a McGwire jersey was on the main walk coming from the tunnel saying "WE'RE GONNA DO THE WAVE!!! WE'RE GOIN' TO THE LEFT!! WE'RE GOIN' TO THE LEFT (yes, that's right, he felt the need to repeat that)!! ONE...TWO...THREE!!!" Ugh. Gak.

And if you didn't look at that boxscore, this was a game where the three of us got there kind of late, there was a heavy downpour and thunderstorm outside, and before we even got to our seats, Jeff Fassero had given up three dingers and the Yanks were up 5-0. It should also be noted that this was a game where Edgar, Frankie Rodriguez (four innings of shutout relief), Chad Curtis, and many others were involved in near-brawl if not full-brawl conditions. And yes, this was one of those games where the Mariners teased you with a comeback but didn't come through. You gotta love these guys!

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page