<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

SHORT THOUGHTS 

Well, the Mariners win a game they need to win just to keep pace with the Joneses.

I was very surprised that Melvin trotted Pineiro out there for the 8th, let alone the 9th. But he was on. His off-speed stuff was wicked all night. And the drop-down sidearmed pitch to catch Alex looking was golden.

I have to thank God that the power outage took place in the bottom of the 4th instead of the bottom of the 5th. Difference? Putting up with 34 minutes of stories from Niehaus and Fairly (tolerable) or Rizzitello/Valle (incorrigible). Fairly was reminded of a story where a player skipped town and had a semi truck drive through his hotel room. His manager was there waiting for him when he got back to spring training camp from Miami. They were looking for him when the truck crashed through his room. Anyway, big kudos to Dave and Ron for filling the power-out time very well.

There was some major symbolism going on the past two days. Last night's game was pretty much a microcosm of the entire Mariner 2003 season: take an early lead, tread water for a while, then totally lose it. Tonight, the power went out. The power in the City of Seattle was just the last to go out compared to the rest of the Mariners.

I'd type up the game notes now and stuff, but I was tired as hell on the couch and falling asleep between pitches, so though I was tired, I did get what I usually get.

I'll be back tomorrow with the detail.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page