<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 06, 2003

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG 

Eric "Stew" DuBose dominated the Seattle Mariners again tonight, pitching 8 strong innings of 1-run baseball. He allowed 6 hits and also struck out 6. The O's won, 3-1, in case you haven't detected the pissed off meter yet.

Rich Cy Young Harden, however, lost for Oakland tonight, as the Devil Rays decided to play a MAJOR LEAGUE ballgame against those Swingin A's, winning 7-4. In a perfect world, the M's would have beat the O's tonight so they would only be a game back of the A's...but that just makes too much sense.

Actual title of my Mariners Mail in my Hotmail inbox: "You Gotta Love This Pennant Race"

Do I have to love this race? I dread this race, because quite frankly, this shouldn't have been a race. It's the same ol' situation as 2000 and 2002, and I don't like it one bit. Is it too much to ask to hire a decent scouting department? You would think that with the money the M's make off of their stuffed mooses, they could pay a few scouts here and there. It's beyond frustrating to have to see a "veteran ballclub" get worked by these no-name trash pitchers (DuBose, Jorge Sosa, Doug Waetcher, Billy Traber, Mark Hendrickson, etc.).

Sure, the race is far from over. But this 2-game deficit seems like 8 to me. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I'm not a rose-colored glasses guy either. I've never been one, so I'm not going to start now.

BTW, what a day in college football. Tough, tough loss for Washington State today against Notre Dame. That's TWO Overtime games that Matt Kegel has lost in the last two seasons for the Cougars. Yes kids, Kegel sucks. But Will Derting is a stud. I've known this ever since the Nevada game last year in Seattle...he should definitely get more national pub. Ho hum, the Huskies won over Indiana, YAY! 38 points just weren't enough though. I think 56 would have been more like it, because well, Indiana is TERRIBLE!

Great games in Tuscaloosa and Miami tonight, with Oklahoma and Miami winning. That's what college football is all about. Thank God football season is here. And the two Arkansas D-1 teams (Razorbacks and Indians) put up a combined 108 points tonight in their victories (45-12 Arkansas over Tulsa; 63-6 Arkansas State over Tenn.-Martin). Don't know which Arkansas 4-year school I'll be at next year, but that's for another time.

NFL PREDICTIONS COMING UP NEXT....STAY TUNED.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page