<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

HOWARD HAS REACHED HIS QUOTA 

Break out the champaigne on 1250 First Avenue South, because everybody's a winner!

The Seattle Mariners have now won 90 games in 2003. They've drawn over 3 million fans, and they have a payroll over 90 million dollars. Folks, that's business as usual for the slimy fools at Safeco Field.

Yes, baseball is a business. But it's also a game. And dammit, I want a World Series in Seattle! I went to the Mariners official site last night, and I see a story on GM Pat Gillick possibly coming back to the team in 2004. What I didn't know about Gillick's 2003 contract was that he was able to stay home in Toronto when he needed to. If I would have known about this before the season had started, maybe I could have set myself up better for the team's downfall in the second half. But that's life.

For the good of the Mariners franchise, Gillick should leave. Yes, the team has won close to 400 games during his tenure in Seattle. But that doesn't matter. What matters is how many World Championships have been won.

The answer is zero.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page