<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 26, 2003

COMBO POST: THIEL, DROBNJAK 

The P-I posts the fourth and final excerpt from Art Thiel's new book, "Out of Left Field: How the Mariners Made Baseball Fly in Seattle," which I ordered today from Amazon.com. To qualify for free shipping, I upped the order with a purchase of Megadeth's "Cryptic Writings," which will be the 7th Megadeth album I own.

Anyway, the quote that perked me the most right off was this:

A line had been drawn between the men in June (2002). The franchise for 10 years had been dominated by one personality, but it was about to be succeeded by another. Piniella knew it, and knew his time in Seattle was near an end.

"I like Howard [Lincoln] personally," Piniella said. "I enjoyed working with him. He's a bright guy, a charming guy. But I'll tell you this -- he's bottom line. Howard likes total, total control.

"Pat wants to win. Howard just doesn't know how."


Wow. Those last two lines. Man.
---
In other news, Sonics center Predrag "Peja" Drobnjak may be signing an offer sheet with the Clippers. He averaged the most points of any center on the Sonics roster and made the least amount of money among that group. But the worst part about this would be losing the most entertaining website in the history of the NBA. I hope it gets passed on if he goes to the clip joint. Until then..."VICTORY FOR SONICS!!"

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page