<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 31, 2003

"NEW" SEATS 

The Mariners had those same seats during the 2000 and 2001 playoffs. I think they put them in because well, they want to make more money. You know they have to pay Pat Borders' salary in September.

Which brings me to my next point: I'm not shocked at all that the Mariners didn't make a waiver wire deal for a bat. Why should I be? The track record always backs up my pessimism. I want to be happy about the M's sweep over Baltimore, but come on, they should be sweeping teams like Baltimore.

Rich Brooks is in for a long season at Kentucky. Let's remember here, folks, Brooks only had one good season of coaching in his life, 1994. And that got him the honor of Autzen Stadium's field being named after him. The only thing he will be named after in Lexington is "down time" before the basketball season if things don't get better.

Sure, the M's have played well this weekend. But tomorrow is September, Crunch Time. If this team doesn't make it to October, ownership has a lot of explaining to do. There's no excuse for them not playing in October...no excuses at all.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page