<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 30, 2003

WHAT A NIGHT 

No, it ain't like late December 1963...

Oregon, in those piss colored jerseys, go down to Starkville and beat Mississippi State. I have to give credit to Mike Belotti and his guys. Being down here for four months, I can tell all of you West Coast residents right now: The humidity is terrible. It could have brought Oregon down, but they proved to be better than that tonight. And it's nice to see the Pac-10 represent well on the road in a SEC stadium.

Cougs are beating Idaho, no big surprise there.

But what is this? The Huskies defense proves to be terrible once again? Why of course? I saw the highlights on ESPN tonight, and did I just see Jimmy Newell get ran over? Jimmy, surely your SK masters taught you how to tackle better. I've always thought that Newell was overrated myself, and tonight just proves my point. Sure, he's been hurt for most of his UW career. But you can't argue my point here. Try to prove me wrong.

Rich Alexis carried the ball 14 times for a measily 24 yards. September 9, 2000 will be known as the day Alexis' career began and ended, because he has not been the same since that Miami game. Obviously, some of you also know that day was the last time the Hurricanes lost a ballgame until this past January 3 against Ohio State.

Anyways, I'm happy as hell that college football is back. There's a chance I may check out UA-Pine Bluff next Saturday, so we'll see if that happens or not. Their game against Alcorn State was on TV tonight and I didn't watch a whole lot of it, but I did watch their halftime show. Their band was very impressive. If you want to see a real black college band, do not watch "Drumline". You need to come down South and watch a game that features a Historical Black College (HBC), i.e. UAPB, Grambling.

In baseball news, the A's picked up Steve Sparks off of waivers. I would laugh at Billy Beane for picking this guy up, but I do remember the times when he has dominated the M's. It's the pessimist in me, folks.

One more thing...Auburn is overrated. War Eagle this, fools.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page