<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 22, 2003

COMPETITIVE HOCKEY IN B-TOWN, WITH ORCA PLAYOFFS 

The Puget Sound Tomahawks have moved to B-town from Tacoma. This is about five years too late. The rink needed to be up when I was about 15 or 16 so I would have had at least a fighting chance to learn how to ice skate and hopefully catch on quickly to the "coolest game on earth." I can honestly say that if there was and ice rink and a chance to play hockey, there's no way I would have wrestled for the Knights (sorry, Coach Barton). And anyone who saw me wrestle would probably have a nicer time watching me get my face against the glass than getting bodyslammed on the mat.

Anyway, the most hilarious quote from this article, from Tomahawk coach Kim McConnell: "We had a choice between Bremerton and Kent. Our management felt Bremerton was far superior and we were met with enthusiasm."
YIKES!! BREMERTON AND KENT?!?!! It's times like this when I wish Almost Live! was still on the air at 11:35pm on Saturday nights on KING 5, because they would just have a field day with a quote like that. And what does that say for Kent?? Ouch to be Kent.

Finally, the Orcas, in their 4th year of semi-pro football, are in the playoffs. Commendable achievement and the prices aren't too bad. It ain't NFL, and you don't pay NFL prices, and there's nothing to do in Bremerton anyway (other than that ice rink), so hey, go to an Orcas game, what the hell. It'll be fun.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page