<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 28, 2005

THE 12TH MAN ROCKS 

Newark Star-Ledger: Crowd noise rattles Giants

"The constant noise resulted in 11 false starts for the Giants -- five on tackle Luke Petitgout, three on guard David Diehl, two on corner Frank Walker and one on receiver Plaxico Burress.

"I embarrassed my team and my family," Petitgout said. "Ridiculous. I can't tell you why."

Diehl could.

"A lot of times, I couldn't hear anything," he said. "I was right next to (quarterback) Eli (Manning) and I couldn't hear him.

"You can put up speakers (in practice), but there's nothing that simulates a game like this."


During the 1980s, the Kingdome was a place where opposing teams hated to play in, thanks to the 12th Man. Two decades later, the 12th Man is making its mark once again. Since 2003, the Seahawks are 19-3 during the regular season at Seahawks Stadium/Qwest Field. So far in 2005, the Seahawks are 6-0 at home. Barring a complete collapse, the Seahawks will have homefield advantage in January.

The 12th Man rocks. Name another NFL franchise that has retired a number in honor of their fans?

Wait, you can't.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page