<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 03, 2005

GET CHECKED! 

It's time for another PSA here at Sports And Bremertonians.

We're now in October and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Although in reality, every month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Here at Arkansas State University, some of us are wearing t-shirts that say "I Love Boobies". On the back of the shirt, it says "If you don't, I will!". The shirt is a fun way to promote breast cancer awareness, but the message is a serious one.

Ladies, please get checked. No, I'm not saying "get checked" just because hockey season starts on Wednesday night. Guys, spread the message to the ladies in your lives. Mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, girlfriends, friends, etc. (Yes, I'm aware of the fact that men can get breast cancer as well. But as we all know, women are significantly more affected by breast cancer. I'm not a doctor, but it's the truth.)

One day, I hope to see breast cancer listed under the category "cured diseases".

Here at Sports And Bremertonians, we love the ladies.

We don't love breast cancer, however.

Please get checked. And as the shirt says, I love boobies. Heh.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page